Hepcinat-LP Tablets is a formulation combination of anti-viral medications Ledipasvir and Sofosbuvir used in the treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C Virus (CHCV) infection genotype 1. Hepcinat-LP is a prescription medicine containing Ledipasvir (90mg) a viral NS5A inhibitor and Sofosbuvir (400mg) a nucleotide inhibitor of the viral RNA polymerase.
The international brand name of this medicine is Harvoni that provides effective treatment in Hepatitis C Genotype 1 with a cure rate ranging between 94% to 99%. Hepcinat-LP helps prevent Hepatitis C Virus infection from multiplying in your body by weakening the virus and inhibiting its reproduction and replication.
Hepcinat-LP is to be administered under the strict supervision of a Hepatologist only.
* Hepcinat-LP is to be taken by adults over 18 years of age only.
* Hepcinat-LP is to be taken orally with a full glass of water.
* The maximum recommended dosing frequency is once per day.
* To be taken at the same time every day (24 hour gap).
* Hepcinat-LP's length of treatment may vary for a period between 8 weeks to 24 weeks.
* Do not stop use and intake of other anti-viral medications alongside Hepcinat unless instructed by your doctor.
Hepcinat-LP is not always suitable for all patients. Do not take Hepcinat-LP as it is contradicted in the following known cases:
* Pregnancy / Breast Feeding - Do not use Hepcinat-LP if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or trying to get pregnant.
* Unprotected Sex - Hepcinat-LP is contradicted for use during unprotected sexual intercourse as it may also lead to birth defects.
* Antacids - Hepcinat-LP is not to be taken within a before and after 4 hour period of taking any Antacids.
* Sofosbuvir / Ledipasvir Medications - Do not take Hepcinat-LP when taking other medications having Sofosbuvir and/or Ledipasvir as their active ingredients. Hepcinat-LP is also contradicted when taken alongside other medications used in the treatment of Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) infection.
* Sofosbuvir / Ledipasvir Allergy - Hepcinat-LP is contradicted for use if you are allergic to Sofosbuvir and/or Ledipasvir which are the active ingredients of Hepcinat-LP.